Bearded dragons absolutely crave our Dubia roaches! Whether you want to keep your dragon on a balanced diet or encourage weight gain, you can’t go wrong with Dubias. We are now offering 100% Customer Satisfaction on orders. If you have any issues, please contact us immediately and we will work with you to fix it. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE!
Why choose Dubia roaches for your bearded dragon?
They’re quiet, clean, and don’t bite. They don’t stink like many other feeders. And they can’t easily escape. All of which makes things a little easier for you!
Dubia Roach Size Chart
- Small: 3/8"
- Medium: 3/8" - 3/4"
- Large: 3/4" - 1"
- Adult Male: 1.25" +
Dubia Roach Quantity Selection
Select the exact quantity of roaches you wish to order. We overfill by 10%. We offer exact quantity selection to allow proper meal planning for your reptiles needs.
How Many Dubia Roaches to Feed Your Bearded Dragon?
If you want to try Dubia roaches but aren’t sure how many order, take a look at our recommendations below based on the size of your bearded dragon. Always feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] or on our Facebook page if you have questions!
- Baby (under 10 inches long): 8-12 small dubia roaches per meal, 2-3 meals a day
- Juveniles (10 to 16 inches long): 8-12 mediums dubia roaches per meal, 2-3 meals a day
- Adults (over 16 inches long): 6-10 medium / large dubia roaches per meal, 2-3 meals a day
- Adults (over 20 inches long): 5-8 large / adult dubia roaches per meal, 1-2 meals a day
These are recommendations, many dragons eat more or less, it just depends on their appetite!
How to Keep Dubia Roaches: A Few Quick Tips
If you’re looking for a low-maintenance feeder insect, you just can’t beat Dubia roaches! Here’s a quick look at how to keep them safe and healthy for your bearded dragon to enjoy.
Where to Keep Dubia Roaches
- Store them in a solid colored airtight plastic bin (they like it dark). Make sure the sides of your bin are smooth so they can’t crawl out.
- Place the bottoms of egg cartons vertically in the bin to give them a place to crawl around. Keep the cartons a few inches away from the top of the bin.
Where to Keep Dubia Roaches
- For roaches that are already the size you want, keep the temperature between 50 and 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To encourage growth, keep the temperature close to 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You’ll only need a heater if you are keeping your roaches in a cold garage or basement, or another place that will be less than 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
What to Feed Dubia Roaches
- Every other day, offer roach chow and large fruit and veggie slices in a shallow feeding dish.
- Never offer cat food, dog food, meat, or rotten food (mold will kill them).
- Clean out uneaten food every day or two.
- Avoid using a water bowl since roaches drown easily. Instead, use water crystals or gel, or hydrate with fruits and veggies.